Tuesday 6 May 2014

Mr. Uncontrollable

A young person, much like you and me, who has had a tough time and is feeling troubled decides to write to his own brain telling it the troubles of over-thinking and asking it to calm down!!!

Mr. Uncontrollable (Brain),

I have been trying to explain you this since some time. But you don’t seem to be in a mood to listen to me at all! (Talk about being stubborn! ;-)) Every day since some weeks, I have been trying to confront you and explain some important things. But all you do is turn your back to me and stare in the opposite direction and act as if you are deaf!!! Now the water has gone much above the danger level (and I am really sinking), that is why I have decided to pen down all that you need to understand.
So let us get down to business crisply. You really need to understand that you have been interfering too much in all my matters. I know your job is to think, analyse, give orders to other body parts and make sure that everything is working properly. But dude, you are overworking the last few weeks…
You are thinking too much…so much that my heart is facing a serious problem. You are making it beat at a pace too rapid, causing anxiety. You are analysing too much…so much so that it is becoming a big obstacle to my sleeping hours. You are behaving like those rash teenagers on the floor above my apartment who play loud music right in the dead of the silence of the night. You are nagging me a lot lately…so much so that you could compete with Mrs. Sharma at it. (Imagine that now!) You are acting like the mother-in-law of the 1940’s…who made their daughters-in-law reduce to tears at the smallest mistakes!!!
So my dear brain, please stop behaving this way. We used to be good buddies amigo… I remember that you did not keep chattering all the time then. These days, you are constantly grinding the wheels too hard…weighing each emotion and stream of thought again and again…thinking about every word that my mouth utters…analysing every word that falls on my ears…even all the dreams that I get…DUDE…give it a break!
As your good friend, I really want to tell you something. I understand that you cannot help thinking about everything under the sun including life, ambition, love, passion, work, success, failure and death. All I want to say is that it would be so much better and easier if you think about all these things one at a time. And take it a bit lightly…yeah, you can give that a try, right? Not too hard I guess 
Please do get some relaxation. Take a short holiday somewhere if you want to. But come back soon…I can’t do without you!
Loads of love and care (I know that sounds cheesy but bear with that!)
Yours truly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment